Woofest 2017


I was really bad at taking photos at Woolfest last weekend. The event just  gets bigger every year, and there's so many stalls to visit that I pretty much completely forgot to take pictures, but here's a little preview of what I bought. 

First up, some amazing self striping yarn from Stray Cat Socks. I've been dreaming of getting a ball of this stuff for so long, and I was very excited to find out that Stray Cat was having a stall at Woolfest. These are going to make some amazing striped socks. The picture looks quite orange, but the yarn is more yellow, making my favourite combination of grey, yellow and blue. I can't wait to cast these on.


I also made a new discovery - Man Made Fibre. It's been great to find someone making semi-solids among the gradients and different fancy dyes, so I got a skein of this great mid-grey fingering to go with all of my other leftover sock yarns to make more socks like these...


Finished product - my socks using up leftovers from The Uncommon Thread and Fibre2Go. These are going to get a lot of wear in my ankle boots.


Comments

Popular Posts