Where the weather is cold enough


Earlier this year, my parents'-in-law moved to a lovely little place near Lake Taupō. Last weekend, we visited for the first time. I'm excited to report it was 4 degrees overnight. Hats were needed. Socks, a requirement. 


It's such a beautiful part of New Zealand, and I can see us making the three hour drive pretty often for weekend visits. The air is crisp, no humidity, and I'll have a new appreciation for handknits with winter holidays planned. 


And this led me to a big burst of knitting. Because obviously I'm going to need a very warm jumper for lake walks and bike riding. I've cast on the Botanical Yoke Pullover by Purl Soho, and at the moment, all I can say is the ribbing is progressing well. I'm about halfway through the body, before I need to make the sleeves to join them all together at the yoke. It's a lot of ribbing. And I'm guessing it's only easy now to lull me into a false sense of security before all of the yoke cables begin. I'm a bit intimidated by this pattern, but I'm trying not to read too far ahead so I don't get put off. But the end goal is just so awesome and it will definitely be worth the struggle.

Also, in other travel plans, registration for Knit August Nights opens on Monday. I have two classes picked and I can't wait for this August mini break. I last went to KAN two years ago, and had a great time. I'm looking forward to catching up with friends, and carefully planning my yarn shopping list for the market - the stash must remain carefully managed! Are you going to KAN this year?

Comments

Popular Posts