Autumn



Wow. It's been a while since I've been here. I've got my usual excuses of being busy with work /friends /family / sleep but I just haven't really felt like writing that much lately. But while there hasn't been much writing, there has been a lot of making since I finished my Halo. Another Jared Flood project is on the needles, again from Woolens, and if I don't spend too long writing now, I might finish it this weekend!

Sewing has also been happening. I finished my new Laurel Dress with Liberty Print just this afternoon. I had just over a metre of fabric, purchased as a remnant at Liberty last year when I was in London, and it took me three hours to figure out how to make the pattern pieces fit. Nothing was wasted, and I'm really happy with my new make, it's just right for autumn.

As usual, I struggled with fitting the sleeves and the zip, but I'm hoping no one will be looking closely enough to see the messy mistakes. It's going to be great for work as the weather cools, with a pair of opaques. 


I also finally got around to using some of the awesome grey and yellow check found in Paris, turning it into a Tilly and the Buttons' Arielle skirt. I'm liking the 90s vibes, but I think if I was to make this skirt again, I'd choose a different fabric. The shape is great, but the fabric is a loose weave and probably not the most suitable for a fitted skirt. Luckily I still have about two metres of it left. It will definitely get a lot of wear though and I finished it with some great sliver dome buttons found in an antique shop. Also, very happy with my matching plaids on the seam line.

I'll be back again soon - I'm determined not to leave it this long without dropping in to say hello.

Comments

Popular Posts