Moana dress in Parisian fabric


I was terrified to cut this fabric. It has a very loose weave, and even though I got a three metre "coupon" in Paris, it's a long way to go and get more if I really screwed it up. Whenever I got close with a scissors, the fabric would just move. When I was sewing, the fabric just moved even more. 


Luckily I'd had a test run with the pattern, having made the Moana Top out of some Liberty fabric, so all I had to do was figure out how to add the skirt. As I've previously mentioned, Papercut Patterns write amazingly clear instructions, and I've got the burrito method of adding a facing pretty much down now. 


I think this is going to be a summer staple. I've already worn it to work dressed up, and paired with some Chucks, I think it will be perfect for bike rides and ice cream stops when the weather warms up.

Comments

Popular Posts