Sunday, August 7, 2016

A tour with Stitching Up Paris

One of the highlights of my trip to Paris was a tour with the lovely Barbara of Stitching Up Paris. And it was like going fabric shopping with a close friend, someone I've known for a long time!


I've already raved about the book in numerous blog posts, but there is nothing better than being shown around by a local. Barbara took me around lots of beautiful fabric shops in the Sentier and the Bastille, and Filles du Calvaire, and while I was quite restrained with my shopping, it was incredible to see the variety of shops and different fabrics. The possibilities are actually endless here.


I was a bit silly and didn't take note of every shop we visited, but we focussed on fabric. And amazing little craft shops that just sold thread. Like Sajou (above). Oh my goodness, just heaven.


And I'm still trying to remember where I took this photo. I'm in love with the patterns and want to order them online (suitcase restrictions limited my purchasing) and of course, the photo is too blurry for me to figure out what the brands are... any ideas?


Here are my purchases from my tour, from General Diff and Tissu Market. Typically, they are all in my favourite colours, and both the checks are three metre coupons, so there is a lot of opportunity here. A huge thank you to Barbara for an amazing afternoon!

2 comments:

  1. So glad that you and Barbara met up. Lovely to see familiar places and know that you loved them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you and Barbara met up. Lovely to see familiar places and know that you loved them too.

    ReplyDelete