Saturday, July 30, 2016

The Knitographer X Paris part two - Montmartre fabric shopping


First of all, I must be completely honest. I only purchased five pieces of fabric and three skeins of sock yarn on my entire trip. Three of the pieces of fabric were sold as coupons - 3 metre cuts of fabric, and husband kindly turned up at just the right time to 1) take some photos with me in them to prove that I really was in Paris and 2) take the fabric home with him!


He very patiently followed me around for an hour or so in Montmartre, where there is a whole street dedicated to fabric shopping. 


The shops were big and small, with so much to choose from that I practically panicked and couldn't really decide. I wandered through Tissus Reine and Sacres Coupons and Dreyfus Marche St Pierre.


There were knits and wovens, silks and heavy weight coating, shirting and chiffons , prints and patterns, something for everyone.


And of course I found a little yarn shop tucked away on a narrow street near the marche.

Stitching Up Paris was an amazing guide to all of these stores, I highly recommend getting your hands on a copy if you're visiting the city!

2 comments:

  1. Cool. I didn't realize I had several shots of you entering each shop. The photos have a cool theme to them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. I didn't realize I had several shots of you entering each shop. The photos have a cool theme to them

    ReplyDelete