Thursday, June 30, 2016

The Knitographer in the UK


Apologies for the radio silence of the past couple of weeks - last week I journeyed 28 hours to the opposite side of the world and spent every jetlagged moment catching up with friends and family before heading to Paris.

I did manage to spend a great day in London looking at all things crafty and vintage around Islington with a dear friend who shares a love of knitting. In one little area we checked out several amazing vintage shops, excellent spots for brunch and the mecca of knitting in London - Loop.


This is one of the most beautifully curated yarn stores I've visited, with a fantastic range of yarns from Brooklyn Tweed, Quince & Co and many more. I was very excited to see hanks of The Uncommon Thread in real life, and decided to treat myself to a beautiful grey sock yarn for some mittens - I hear the weather is horrendous back home and I might need to make some in time for my return.


Then there was a visit to Liberty. Just amazing. No words except that I can't describe how overwhelmed I felt! I bought a couple of one metre offcuts that are just beautiful, although I'm not quite sure what to do with them just yet.


My crafting highlight of the past week though definitely has to be making tote bags with my cousins on a bright pink sewing machine. I picked up some cheap pillow cases and we got making just like I learned at Sew Love Tea Do a couple of years ago. It was incredibly fun and I think my little cousins are really excited by sewing!


Now I'm in Paris and spent the last couple of days settling into student residences, having orientation and starting class. It's been very busy but a great adventure so far, and now that I'm getting into a routine I should have a bit more time to explore soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment