The countdown begins


It suddenly dawned on me this week that it's May. And today it dawned on me that I've only got 42 days to go until my trip to Paris. Which is great, but also a bit terrifying.

The last time I visited Paris was 10 years ago, when I was 19. I spent three days there with cousins and aunties, and I had an amazing time. It was the middle of winter but the days were very clear and crisp. What really sticks out for me this time is I'm travelling by myself, and going to school with people who will be the same age as I was when I last visited the city. It's also really got me thinking about my wardrobe... 

I want to make sure I pack appropriately - summer, but also studying with young people in the most glam city in the world is really making me think about what stuff I have in my drawers and what I'll need to take. I'm essentially going to be living a student life for almost a month, so my usual work wear won't cut it. I also want to pack lightly - I have dates with plenty of yarn and fabric shops and will want to bring some stuff back with me.

I'm thinking I need comfy, versatile clothes. Maybe a couple of dresses made out of knit fabric to avoid ironing (this is a really just a good excuse to make another Kielo dress in some t-shirting). I've got myself some pants for the 24 hour flight, and a couple of good quality t-shirts and singlets (AS Colour - my go-to for affordable basics with ethical sourcing). 

Given it's Paris, ordinarily I would probably dress really fancy the whole time, but as I'll be kicking around on a university campus and staying in student residences, I think more casual is the way to go.  I'll throw in a couple of knits for good measure - any one have any packing advice?

Comments

Popular Posts