Saturday, April 2, 2016

New Linden + Long Lovely Mittens


You know those days when you've totally convinced yourself it's winter but its 24degC outside? Today is one of those days. With the help of the long weekend, this week I finished a new Linden Sweatshirt with some fabulous polkadot fabric from Drapers Fabrics, and the second completed knitting project of the year (how bad is that...) some new Long Lovely Mittens. 

The mittens are in Happy Go Knitty BFL sock yarn in the Merry Christmas colourway. I've made these before for a friend in Happy Go Knitty silk alpaca, and it's a great pattern if you want to make a one-skein project that's not socks.  The pattern, by Purl Soho, is free and very easy. Sometimes the simple designs make the best items!

I'm also at the point now where I can make raglan sleeve tops without reading instructions. Husband will certainly be getting some more - he's been getting lots of comments on his Paxon Sweater, and the shapes are so classic that I don't think I'll be needing to get any more sweater sewing patterns.

It's got me thinking about what I need to make next. I've decided I don't need anything for me right now, although another cardigan would be nice but there isn't enough yarn in the stash right now. I've just cast on a Purl Soho Boyfriend beanie with some Naked Skeinz Organic Merino that's been sitting in the stash for about three years, but that's for someone else. Right now though, it's too hot for any of these knits! At least daylight savings ends today - winter is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment