Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Paxson Sweatshirt by Seamwork Magazine


After wrestling with my first pdf pattern, here is the final result! Introducing the Paxson Sweatshirt, sewn for Husband. I am in love with the fabric and raglan sleeve styles, so this to me is the perfect combination for a winter sweater. 

It was also really nice to sew something for someone else. While I've happily knitted lots of different items for different people (though not a sweater, that would take too long) I've never been confident enough in my sewing skills to have a go at making garments for other people to wear.

I'm perfectly comfortable wearing things I've made myself and not worrying too much if there are mistakes or they fall apart, but I'm apprehensive of others wearing something that might rip or have a big hole in it. 

So I'm taking baby steps - simple shapes that I've made before, just on a bigger, more boy like, scale. I've made a few raglan tops now, so I felt like if there was any style I could have a go at for someone else, this was it. 

It's all well and good for me to have as ethical a wardrobe as possible, but if I can extend that to our household, that would be awesome. This is my first step!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks brilliant! And looks super cosy too :) Well done!
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Now it just needs to get a little colder so it can be worn comfortably!

      Delete
  2. Do you remember where you got this fabric and possibly what it is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I got this at The Fabric Store in Auckland earlier this year. It's a quilted sweatshirt knit, not sure if they still stock it though!

      Delete