Pompom Quarterly's latest issue and my restrictive stash


If there's one piece of mail I just love to receive, it's the latest issue of Pompom Quarterly. Any of you who visit here on a regular basis would know how much I love Pompom. I've knitted a fair few things from previous issues, and I've got a shortlist of next projects. And this issue's focus on celebrating undyed yarn is great. So often we are bombarded with bright colours, and I know I certainly forget just how beautiful the undyed hues are. 

The only issue is I'm lacking the right weight yarns to make some things. With my trip to Paris only a few months away, I'm really trying to limit my spending, which means I'm shopping the stash. And as I mentioned a few weeks ago in my first Stash Less Challenge post, my stash is a little bit restrictive. 


I'm in love with the Equilibrium Cardigan by Gina Rockenwagner, and I think it'll be a great addition to my cardi collection, but I don't have any DK weight yarn in a big enough quantity to get started.

I've decided that for now I'm not going to buy yarn, so this project will have to wait a little while. 


Luckily though, there is a pattern in here that I adore and I have the yarn to make it! I've had 600g of organic 4ply, undyed merino in my stash for a few years, and it's beautiful. I've just been waiting for the right thing to make with it. And I think I've found it.

Once I've finished my mittens I'm going to cast on Perpendicular by Sarah Brunenberg. It's a great triangular shawl that will be perfect for wearing with my winter uniform of dark blues. There's a lace panel, which will challenge me a lot, but the best thing is that I don't need to buy any yarn to make it.

And speaking of Stash Less - a big thank you to Felicia of The Craft Sessions for mentioning my Stash Less Challenge over on her blog this week. I've been a huge admirer of Felicia's Stash Less journey, and it's great to see how others are following her example and thinking more about what and why they stash. I can't wait for the next part of the challenge.

Comments

Popular Posts