Linden Sweatshirt - making the most of leftovers


My Kielo Dress required a lot of fabric. And given the unusual shape of the pattern pieces, it wasn't easy to be resourceful when laying them out on the fabric. There was a lot of waste fabric, which seemed a shame given the fabric cost the better part of $60 and is so soft and light. So I did some thinking and had a look in the stash to see if there was anything I could improvise with. I think I came up with a winner.


Leftover blue merino knit + grey t-shirting, $5 from Fabric-a-brac + Grainline Studio Linden pattern = New Raglan Top!


This is the second time I've used this pattern, but the first time I've made the full sleeve, longer version. I am so happy with how this has turned out and how it's a great pattern for using up a few leftovers that might have been destined for the rubbish bin. Instead I've made a top that I'm sure will get a lot of wear, and how can you say no to merino sleeves? And another thing I love about this pattern is just how quick it is to make. A couple of hours yesterday and the shirt was all sewn up, and another hour today gave me the time to add the neckband, cuffs and waistband. I'm already planning to make these in more colours... I'm thinking grey with maroon sleeves next, although then there is a good risk of me and husband wearing matching outfits fairly often...




Comments

Popular Posts