Finishing up the last WIP of 2015


With 2015 very rapidly coming to a close (I have no idea how this year has gone so quickly!) I've decided to use my days off wisely and finish a very long-standing WIP, my socks in Happy Go Knitty Spotty BFL. I'd had a bit of a case of second-sock sydrome, that lasted quite a few months. I got distracted by cardigans, jumpers and scarfs. But with only the toe of sock number two left to finish, and the new year in sight, I thought it would be worthwhile to start 2016 without any leftovers from 2015. That's not to say I won't start a new project in the next day or two, but at least now all the project bags are empty and ready to be filled with new items. 

And in preparation for the year ahead, I went in search of a book to read at the library and came away with Why we make things and why it matters by Peter Korn. I haven't finished it yet but so far it's an enjoyable read - an autobiographical journey of one man who finds his calling as a furniture maker and a philosophical study into why people make and create. So for it has been an interesting read about craft, the human experience and the creative process. While I won't be trying my hand at wood working any time soon, I think crafters using a variety of mediums could take something from this. 


Comments

Popular Posts