Sunday, October 4, 2015

The shirt that kind of looks like a shirt


It's only taken about six months since buying the pattern for this project that it has begun to resemble something of a shirt. The sides need sewing, and I'm not going to lie - the collar isn't perfectly centred, and I'm really considering making this sleeveless because 1) summer's coming and 2) cuffs look tricky. 


I've definitely learned a lot so far with making something so complicated. Everything has to be triple checked. I unpicked the collar stand about four times to get it looking as good as I could. It's not perfect and it won't be centred if I do up the top button, so this will be a shirt that gets worn a bit more casually.  I can definitely see what I need to do to improve and make a shirt number two - as a first go though, I'm pretty happy with this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment