Sew Love is going on Tour - get involved!


Over the past year or so I have spent a LOT of time at the Sew Love Lounge in St Kevin's Arcade. The amazing Sarah, who runs the place, is incredibly talented, an excellent teacher, and has encouraged me to do things I never thought I'd be able to do. 

I've taught knitting classes, learned to get over my fear of cutting fabric and actually sew something, and found people who are interested in many of the same things as I am - as much as I love my group of friends, they don't really craft! Sarah's taught me to mend and fix, tread lightly on the world and make the most of what I already have. 

But times are changing. The arcade has been sold and Sarah has made an exciting decision for a new venture. Sew Love is going on tour! Sarah has started a Pledgeme campaign to raise enough funds to buy a van and turn it into a mobile sewing lounge, to take her amazing ideas and workshops to more people around New Zealand. If you have a spare few dollars, please pledge to help make this happen! And if you're in Auckland, make sure you call in to the lounge and do some making before the doors close at the end of October - such a great place to have some tea and make a little difference!

Comments

Popular Posts