Saturday, September 5, 2015

Fabric-a-brac Auckland 2015

Fabric-a-brac. It's pretty much the only place I buy fabric unless I get it second-hand from Sew Love Tea Do or op shops. Fabric-a-brac is a great fundraiser for Mercy Hospice where people destash their fabric. It's held in different cities around New Zealand, and today it was Auckland's turn. 


I gave myself a $40 budget and didn't spend it all. I've pretty much sorted my summer sewing in one shop, saving myself a fair bit of cash and giving me the chance to expand my sewing skills.

The lighthouse stamp fabric will become a dress for a friend's wedding.


I got a stack of grey T-shirting for $5 which will be just right for singlets and comfy dresses.


This amazing blue and white will become a skirt for another friend's wedding.


And this awesome yellow and blue geometric print will become another summer dress. 
I'm thinking my Tilly and the Buttons book will be very handy for inspiration.

Pattern suggestions welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment