Sunday, May 10, 2015

Me Made May 2015


I love the idea of Me Made May. That said, although I've pledged to myself to wear something hand made every day this month, I've been pretty terrible at documenting in. As in there is absolutely no photo of me wearing anything I've made for the entire month so far.  

There is no way for me to prove that I've worn something I've made every day so far this month, but I don't think it's really about that any way. To give you an idea of some of the stuff I've been wearing, here is a photo of some of my favourite things I've worn over the last week or so.

Me Made May always gives me a good chance to reflect on what I have in my wardrobe and what things I might be missing. Not that I'm missing a lot, but whenever I make something I tend to just knit up a jumper or make a skirt that then doesn't go with anything else in my wardrobe. For me, Me Made May is a conscious look at what I'm making, what I shouldn't be making, and what I might need to make.

As well as it being a chance to make the most of all our awesome handmade garments, I hope it gives you the space to think about why we make what we do, how we choose our WIPs and how we end up using them once the process of making is complete. I know there are a lot of garments in my wardrobe that I've knitted and never wear, so I'm thinking about these and what I could do with them.  There are a few sewn things too, that I made just because I wanted to make something, rather than thinking it through a bit more before grabbing the scissors. 

This month, as well as pledging to wear something handmade every day, I pledge to think more consciously about my making and create items that will work with the rest of my clothes.


1 comment: