Monday, March 2, 2015

Autumn and Amelie


I didn't post over the weekend because I set myself a deadline. That deadline was to finish Amelie. 
I did finish all of the knitting on Saturday. On Sunday I spent most of my morning drinking coffee and sewing seams. And today I finished the neckline and sleeve cuffs. 

It's now March. The second day of autumn. I started this dress last winter in August, thinking I'd get it done in time for summer. Luckily, the weather doesn't think it's autumn and this cotton dress is pretty thick, so I think I'll be getting a lot of wear of it in the coming months.

Never have I knitted so much moss stitch in all my life. I love the fabric it creates, but man, it is so slow to knit! I'm definitely looking forward to knitting a few smaller, instant projects before starting on my next big garment! 

No comments:

Post a Comment