New listening

Progress on Amelie is aided by podcasts!
I'm the first to admit that I'm not very good at keeping up with the who's cool of the knitting scene. I'm especially bad at keeping on top of podcast episodes. With a new year and a bit of time hanging out on a plane already this year, I've had a little bit of time to get a bit more up to speed and discover some new podcasts. I've been having a listen while working on my Amelie Dress (back and one sleeve now done!) 

The first one is very very new - Truly Myrtle has just started her very own podcast which launched today. Very exciting. This is going to be a monthly podcast and I'm really looking forward to the next one - not only because she's so lovely but her knitting is just so awesome that I can't help staring at the photos on her blog allllll the time. 

The next one is the Pomcast by the lovely ladies at Pom Pom Quarterly. As you know, I am a massive fan of the magazine and read each issue religiously, and was extremely fortunate to contribute an article to the Winter 2013 edition. With this podcast, I just feel like I'm there. Super cool. The aren't many episodes just yet - I'm working my way back from the Christmas edition - episode eight. Love. 

And another recent addition to podcast land is Woolful by Ashley Joy Yousling. I love the focus on sustainability and finding out more about how yarn is produced in one of the most recent episodes. I love to support indie and local brands but I still don't feel like I know where a lot of yarn bases I used are initially made, their environmental impact and the process from sheep to shop. This is something i'd like to find out more about this year, and I think Woolful will be a great companion. Ashley is also creating her own farm and fibre mill in Idaho with her family, and I'm really interested to follow this journey too. 

Finally, one that I have to do a serious amount of catching-up on is BookishStitcher. I discovered Jeanette on Instagram a few weeks ago and I'm really enjoying her podcast so far!

It's nice to find out what other knitters are up to and see that I'm not the only one with a several WIPs that need attention! 

Comments

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed it Joanne!! I was soo nervous but now I'm actually looking forward to doing it again! Libby X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first time is always the hardest - I'm sure for episode two you will be much more relaxed!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the list of podcasts. I love listening to podcasts while knitting. It's like being completely surrounded by knitting!

    Also, you Amelie dress looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying these ones and learning a lot! And thanks so much for your comment on the dress, I love it but knitting the back is going to be a test - another 83cm of moss stitch!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts