It hasn't been an easy decision. I've already eaten my way through half a family block of Whittaker's dark Ghana. The jumper is sitting on the table in the corner. We're currently not speaking.
It just doesn't fit with me. I checked my measurements all the way. But something wasn't right. The lace panel didn't look like the one in the magazine photos. There were big loopy bits instead of flowers. I blocked it to size but I felt uneasy. And I'm glad I'm ending it now, before I start on the sleeves.
I'm a bit disappointed because a lot of time was invested in this jumper. I tried it on and it creeps up something terrible at the back - not the nice cropped style I had in mind at all.
You can see what I mean about the lace - no amount of pulling threads through would fix it.
This was one of my Focus on Finishing projects, but as a bit of a product knitter, carrying on with something that will not be used will be a waste of time.
I'm going to put it away for a while and then decide what to do with it. I'll probably frog it and see what else can be done with the yarn. I've definitely had enough of lace-weight for now though!