Monday, December 8, 2014

Making a start on Moneta + new yarn



As you know, I am a tad terrified of overlockers. I mean, why wouldn't I be? I almost lost the sleeve on my Laurel dress due to less-than-required diligence when finishing the underarm sleeves. So when I was told the best way to sew knit fabrics was with an overlocker, I freaked out a bit. 

I figured that I had two choices. To never give it a go, and leave my amazing $1 Fabric-a-brac find as one big piece of fabric, or try and make it into a Moneta. The risk was pretty high, given I only had 1.96m of fabric - just enough for the pattern, but definitely not enough to make any mistakes.

I've started on the bodice, and so far, so good! Fitting sleeve caps is so much easier on stretchy fabric - just like knitting, so it's becoming quite a quick project. I hope to have a few hours on the weekend to get it all done - I'd love to wear it for Christmas.


Speaking of Christmas, how festive is this Happy Go Knitty yarn? The colourway is Merry Christmas, in her amazing BFL sock. This colour is too good for socks, so I'm thinking of knitting it up into a Mountain Moss shawl by Beth Kling from Pom Pom Quarterly's Summer 2013 issue.
This was happily purchased (and my only purchase, I might add) at yesterday's Auckland Fair. Now I just have to finish my socks, dress and lace jumper - I cannot have four projects on the go at once!

No comments:

Post a Comment