Saturday, October 18, 2014

Dresses for me


My sewing skills are slowly progressing, so much that tomorrow I plan to spend the entire day cutting out fabric and getting started on my first dress.
I'm gonna go easy on myself, starting with Colette Patterns' Laurel that I bought from the lovely Penny at Dresses and Me. The cute Moneta will come next.
I'm just loving the care that indie designers take to present their patterns. No flimsy paper envelopes over here - Colette Patterns come in a cardboard wallet with the instruction booklet stitched inside. So good! Given all this rain, there's not much chance to go out on the bike but there is plenty of time get sewing. I'm planning on making Laurel out of the white and blue stripe fabric I got at Fabric-a-brac - there might even be enough to make a top too.

No comments:

Post a Comment