Weekend reading + cool new stuff


If there's one thing I miss from my old journalism job, it's writing every day. But I am very grateful to be able to contribute regularly to a couple of awesome indie magazines and this week both Extra Curricular and Glory Days arrived!

I got to write a great feature about shared creative spaces and workshops for Extra Curricular. There are some amazing spaces open for people to go and learn, including the Sew Love Lounge (can't really rave about that one enough!) The Mint by Rust and Stardust, Studio Bomba's Skillsmithery and the beautiful green wonderland that is Loose Leaf in Melbourne.

Around all the reading, I've made some progress on my Amelie dress!


There is a lot of moss stitch here. Only 60-odd centimetres to go until the front is done...


And some cool knitting news - some of my favourite yarny people have new ranges out!

Spinning A Yarn has launched its Spring/Summer 2014/2015 colour range, the Lakeside collection. Get that yellow in my life!

And the amazing ladies at Stitch Seekers have launched their very own yarn range, and ohmygod it's to die for. Outlaw Yarn is the ultimate in luxury and the colour range in Vanitas DK is just beautiful. The colours are based on the vanitas art movement and I'm saving my pennies to buy a cardigan's-worth of the Bone. Or maybe the Ephemera. I just can't decide, they're all so good!

Comments

Popular Posts