Summer, is that you? + My first skirt.



Holy moly, the weather is insane today! It's a good thing I spent most of yesterday at Sew Love Tea Do making my first (and very summery) skirt!
I'm not really known to wear crazy prints or pink, so this is a pretty out-there skirt for me, but I love it!
I found this fabric for a steal at Fabric-a-brac a couple of weeks ago, and there might be enough left for a crazy top.
Things I learnt yesterday:

Pattern matching - the floral stripes match all the way around - good thing there was a stack of fabric.
How to insert a zip. This is tricky, but I survived.
Darts are important. And not as hard as I thought they would be.
Ironing/pressing. I'm ashamed to say I don't own an ironing board. I will be purchasing one today because ohmygod pressing makes everything look awesome. 

I am so excited about this skirt. It will probably be worn every day for a week, with stockings for work and without at home as the weather gets warmer! Big thanks to Sarah at Sew Love for all the assistance and excellent New Look pattern from her stash!

Comments

  1. Looks great - I better get a wriggle on with my summer sewing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Today was way too hot for knitting, I'm thinking sewing might be the way to go over summer!

      Delete
  2. yahoooo looks so summery and lovely. So proud of you just whipping that up from scratch in one afternoon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's thanks to you and all your help that I finished it in a day!

      Delete
  3. The skirt looks incredible. If I had a skirt like that in my closet, I wouldn't take it off either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! I'm wearing it at work today, a bit loud for a public service job but I don't care!

      Delete
  4. It's perfect on you! Look forward to reading about your next sewing project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much - it's been getting a LOT of wear!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts