Sunday, September 21, 2014

A special hat for a special friend


A couple of months ago one of my best friends was diagnosed with breast cancer. A shock to say the least - no family history of it and one of the healthiest gals I know. But she is one of those incredibly positive people and post surgery the cancer is gone and the chemo is underway. All is looking good.

It's still a bit cold out there and her hair is getting a bit shorter, so a knitted hat has been requested.
I've found the perfect yarn. She's a fan of pink and purple, so I went through the stash and found this Dame DK in Lavandula by Red Riding Hood Yarns. My girly definitely deserves a luxury yarn and this cashmere / merino blend will be perfect. 

1 comment:

  1. This is a gorgeous yarn, and I'm sure will be the perfect hat for your friend. I hope things continue to look positive for her xxx

    ReplyDelete