Autumn Branches - a new hat

It seems a bit weird to be casting on a hat pattern called Autumn Branches when the weather is convinced that winter is over and spring is here. Not that I'm complaining about the weather - this weekend has been a stunner in Auckland. Even though the sun is shining though, there's still a chill in the air and there is definitely room for another hat. 



I've picked the beautiful Autumn Branches by Rebecca Newman of Tiny Lovely for a few reasons.

1 - I just love it. 
2 - Cables. Part of my knitting resolutions this year was to knit more cables and so far I've done none. 
3 - Next weekend is Knit August Nights in Napier and although I'm not going this year, I wanted to pay a little tribute to some of the lovely people I met last year. Rebecca was one of them.
4 - I just desperately wanted to knit up my Red Riding Hood Yarns Riche 10ply in Paris I got at KAN last year from the lovely Hannah. 
5 - I'm thinking a mash-up between Rebecca's pattern and Hannah's yarn is just a dream combination. 
6 - I've hit the wall with my lace jumper. It's just not growing. I need to knit something to make me feel like I can achieve something!

I think I might go and cast this on in the sunshine and make the most of the end of a great weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts