Sunday, August 17, 2014

Amelie - not just my favourite French film.


I've been in love with Wool and the Gang kits and patterns ever since I started knitting. 
It's not just how extremely cool their models look, or how their designs are nowhere near the "granny" cliche that many attribute to hand-knitted clothing. They are just so great to knit and the kits are always amazingly presented.

A few years ago I made their Sexy Back Sweater which gets a stack of wearing each summer. I've been waiting for the right moment to get my second WATG kit - they're not cheap and I really wanted it to be the perfect garment. Yesterday I found it. The Amelie Dress is on its way to me as we speak. I got her on special with 20 per cent off, which definitely helped my justify the spend. It's knit up in Shiny Happy Cotton on 6.5mm needles, so I'm hoping it will be a quick make, even though it's a dress and by the looks knit in moss stitch.  Can't wait to get this on the needles!

2 comments:

  1. That is such a beautiful dress! I really love everything Wool and the Gang does. Too bad they have to be so expensive or I would knit everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn' their stuff amazing?! My dress should be arriving early next week - can't wait!

      Delete