Saturday, June 14, 2014

Saturday / crafterday

Here she is, a much better photo of my finished Pogona. The pink is really starting to grow on me.



So much that I've started knitting some arm-warmers. Pink ones. Crazy!
The yarn is some lovely Fleur sock in Raspberry by Red Riding Hood Yarns
I'm knitting a really cute and simple pattern, the RYE fingerless mittens by Eilen Tein. I need to find some very jazzy buttons for the ribbony bit.

And yes, as you can see, second weekend at Sew Love Lounge. I spent the afternoon there today taking in a dress by myself. On a sewing machine. Only partially supervised. My lovely friend Jess shortened a dress and fixed a hem on some trousers. It's so great to have a place to hang out with like-minded people - the place was full today with people making dresses, mending, even a couple making a burlesque costume! Very cool! I've also signed up for my first sewing class in July to teach me the basics; I'm really looking forward to it!


1 comment:

  1. The Sew Love Lounge is such a great idea!!! I saw something about it on Tv somewhere and am super jealous!

    ReplyDelete