My first Stephen West project

We all know Stephen West is pretty much a god when it comes to shawl and scarf patterns. They feature so often in the popular and most-knit lists on Ravelry that I'm actually surprised it's taken me until now to use one for a project. I've cast on a Pogona shawl with my Soft Like Kittens yarn I brought  at Woolfest Auckland last weekend. 


And I'm loving it. A really clearly written pattern (no wonder so many people love them), simple enough to knit it without thinking too hard, but the increase sections give plenty of variation. The yarn is just beautiful and I don't seem to have having any pooling issues! These aren't colours I'd usually wear, so this is quite an exciting project for me. 


And I just had to show off these prints I got at the Crafternoon-Tea market today. These cuties are by Bird in a Bunny Suit and the bandit cat is my favourite. Now on the hunt for a double frame to put them in!

Comments

Popular Posts