Thursday, May 29, 2014

Celebrating Wool Week


It's definitely apt that New Zealand Wool Week has fallen during our coldest week of the year so far. Yesterday morning we were waking up to a crisp 2degC in Auckland and I've been very grateful for my wool coats and the range of hand-knits currently on rotation!

On Monday (starting to get a bit cold) I noticed that two of my most basic, plain, go-with-everything cardigans had disappeared. I have a habit of losing cardies. I've probably left them somewhere, but given the change in temperature I thought it would be a wise investment to replace them. 

My last two cardies have been the super-cheap acrylic kind. In the spirit of Wool Week, I decided to go and make sure I got a wool one this time around. Pure wool cardigans aren't cheap if you want to get a nice one, so I headed to my favourite pre-loved clothing store and picked up a beautiful cropped grey merino cardigan with giant buttons and a navy boyfriend style wool cardigan for $50.

I am never buying an acrylic cardigan again. I am beyond warm.

New Zealand Wool Week is about celebrating our amazing wool, and we are so lucky to live in a country with an abundance of sheep to supply it.

The week is brought to you by Campaign for Wool New Zealand, which highlight's the fibre's great qualities. Check out the website to find out more.

2 comments:

  1. Even my wool wasn't warm enough a couple of days ago; it was freezing here and wet. -5 was what I was told overnight. I hate to think how I would have felt if I wasn't wearing wool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeek that is cold! Hope you're keeping all snug!

      Delete