Sunday, April 13, 2014

Yes. More stuff for the stash.

So it kind of looks like I've been shopping again this week, but it's only partly true.
The yarn is my Pledgeme order from Red Riding Hood Yarns. I think I ordered it in September, and the lovely Hannah has had so much to dye along with all her day-to-day yarn that I was extremely excited to unwrap these two beautiful skeins this week. Totally worth the wait!


The lovely teal is Song of the Tui in Dame DK - a merino, cashmere and nylon blend.
The purple is called Lavandula, in the same base.
I'm thinking this special yarn needs to be knitted into something to be seen by all - maybe a hat or mittens?


Okay, I did go shopping for the fabric. Nick's Fabrics on Dominion Road is moving (bad news, but good news for my bank balance) so they're having a sale. Last week I mentioned I was planning on getting another dress made from fabric that was used as table-clothes at our wedding, but there is a very good chance that the fabric is way too light for the style of dress we're making. So I got this. And since they are moving, it was on sale! 3.5m for $12! Totally doesn't count!


And you all must forgive me for this little plug.



This week my lovely sister-in-law launched an online cruelty-free make-up and beauty shop.
She Lives Cruelty Free has amazing products, and yes, I've already been shopping there. I'm waiting for payday to buy more! They guarantee that the products they stock have in no way been tested on animals, and if you're conscious of these things when shopping, check it out!




No comments:

Post a Comment