The Coat. It's okay, she's vintage!


Yes yes, I know. I'm not supposed to be shopping. But something amazing happened this week - I paid off my student loan! There was definitely a nice surprise in my pay this week - a nice chunk extra that I've never had before, so I decided to treat myself with one big winter clothing purchase. 

I found her in Thrifted and Modern's Etsy shop, and it was love at first sight. Firstly, my favourite colour combination. Secondly, 1960s. Thirdly, wool. Fourthly, three quarter sleeves! Before I decided to buy her, I consulted half of my colleagues, husband on numerous occasions, I wrote out a pros and cons list and at the end of the day, I think I made the right decision.

Considering this coat is about 50 years old, I am so impressed with the condition she's in. No loose threads or buttons, no major pilling in the boucle wool, no marks or stains. I wore her to work yesterday to survive the ex-cyclone wind and rain, and she was perfect. I think I might just live in her.

But now I promise to save all equivalent student loan money. I'm done with shopping!

Comments

  1. A darn great choice! What a stunning coat. You look fab :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts