Sunday, April 6, 2014

Daylight saving = craft Sunday.


It still doesn't seem like summer will ever really end this year. There's a little chill in the air in the mornings, but by lunch the sunblock is out and knitting is the last thing on my mind. We're getting a step closer to winter though - daylight saving ended this morning. Loved the extra hour of sleep, but very confused when it was dark by 7pm. The shorter days do mean the start of a new tradition though - Craft Sunday. 

I got to work on my sweater - side seams are all done now, while one of my crafty friends got creative with a blanket cushion - this one's going to be a gorilla!


I'm hoping this becomes a regular autumn / winter tradition - what else to do with the shorter days than do craft and drink tea?

2 comments:

  1. craft and tea on a Sunday arvo sounds perfect!! we are encased in fog today. fairly autumnal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely looking more autumnal down the line! I'm sure it won't be long until Auckland does too!

      Delete