A berrylicious sock club delivery

I've never done the whole sock club thing before. I always heard about them ages after registration or was too broke to take part. This time it was different. This time I waited until one second past 8pm on registration night to hit send and get a place in the club. Husband thought I was totally mad. I was worse than when he talks to me when I'm trying to count stitches. I don't think he's ever seen me stare so adamantly at a clock before. 



Anyway, this was a little while ago now - potentially when we were in the old house - so I've been waiting very patiently for my sock club parcel to arrive. And today, it did! Thanks very much to the lovely Hannah of Red Riding Hood Yarns, I have the raspberry flavour of her "What's Your Jam?" sock yarn. It also came with a cute sock pattern by Sarah at Sezza Knits, a little craft bag and stitch markers. Oh and chocolate too - but I ate that before I took the photo!

It's a very not-me colour. I'm trying to branch out a bit. I've never been a pink girl (those who've been visiting here a while will know I own three items of pink clothing - dress I wore as a bridesmaid, dress I wore to our engagement party and one top I wear to work on occasion).
I'm hoping though to give pink a bit more of a go. And I'm thinking as a pair of socks, pink could look pretty great. Or maybe I could combine it with another sock yarn and make a shawl. So many possibilities. I think I've changed. It's a little odd.

Comments

  1. Pink socks are awesome ;) Nice to see the package, I got mine sent to my Mum so have only heard about it so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wishing I'd ordered both colours - love the yarn! Tell me, is the pattern easy? I've only knitted plain socks before!

      Delete
  2. Pink is a colour I never used to wear either, but I'm coming to like certain variations of it for clothes now and of course for socks in many versions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely something that's growing on me!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts