Knitterly new year 2014




2014 - it could be the year of knitting dangerously. 
Okay that might be a slight exaggeration but I'm planning on a very crafty year!

First up - I really want to knit a cardigan. I've never made one before. I'm not sure if I'm slightly intimidated by knitting five pieces to sew together. I am definitely intimidated by the potential need for steeking. So I'm on the hunt for the perfect cardigan pattern. Let me know if you find any!

I've loved writing for more magazines over the last year, so I hope to keep that up as well as interviewing some more awesome local yarnies and designers for the blog. I've got a couple of ideas for my own designs that I'd like to put some real effort into over the next few months. There will be lots of knitting for others (more hats?) and find a cause of some kind to knit for. I've been looking for the right one for a while, so I hope to find it this year!

Also, more cables need to happen. And I need to finish something with lace in it. 
I'm thinking to combine all of these things into my cardigan to get these resolutions sorted.

What are your new year's crafty plans?




Comments

  1. Sounds like some great goals for 2014! I love notebooks and lists

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knitting dangerously sounds great! If I find the perfect cardigan pattern I'll let you know. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts