Sunday, December 22, 2013

Our Christmas curveball


Knitting the Skyping beanie at Silo Park Cinema on Friday.
No time to lose!
I've said many times that 2013 is the Year of the Hat. I can plot each major event since January by what hat I had on the needles at a particular time. December's hat, a second Skyping Beanie for husband's Christmas present, will in future remind us of the time that our new landlord had a sudden change in circumstances and required the property for her own accommodation. 
After what has probably been the best month and a half in my favourite house since moving out of home four years ago, we now find ourselves back on the property hunt with 40 days to find a place.
Yesterday I was devastated. I won't lie about it, I probably cried for about four hours. I think my face has only just started to recover from the puffy crying eyes. 
But today, I'm more motivated to find us a new home. I'll just keep knitting through!
We were hoping for a chilled out holiday break, but at least now we do have the time to house hunt.
2013, also the Year of Moving House. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm really sorry to hear you are being forced out by the landlord, I hope you are able to find an even more perfect place for you, and that it comes easily and with as little stress as possible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm sure it will all work out, just a bit unexpected! Hope you're having a great holiday season!

      Delete