Sunday, December 8, 2013

Christmas craft markets

The Christmas season is well and truly here. I think there were five craft markets on locally this weekend and I had chance to get along to one. One of my favourite vintage shops, Deco 2 Retro, put on a pop-up market with the neighbouring Humbug Cafe. 


Mama Js was there selling all sorts of sewn and knitted goodies.


I'm a bit inspired to make some knitted bow hair clips. I also need a moustache cushion.


Helene from Happy Go Knitty was there selling her lovely yarn.


I had to get some more silk/alpaca blend to make my long mittens. I was a little worried that I'd be a few yards short, so I had to get more. I really had no choice. 


I've also fallen in love with her lace weight. Apart from the fact that I dislike knitting lace (too hard, too much concentrating) I'm quite interested in starting a lace stash just so I can stare at all the goodness.


Inside the shop, Mintage had a great selection of dresses made from vintage fabric and patterns. 


I've got one set aside to get fitted - more to come on that!


And I couldn't resist getting a few snaps of the amazing objects in the shop.


I always have to contain myself and resist the urge to buy more Crown Lynn. Yesterday I was very good but I'm sure I can put up a good case to argue my need for more Colour Glaze teacups. 


And since summer's coming, I'm sure I need more picnicware.


Next week there are even more craft markets on in time for Christmas. The countdown is on for the summer break and a bit of time to get crafty. Now I just need to finish those rainbow socks so I can start on some more exciting projects.


1 comment:

  1. Ohh yes lace just to look at! then there wouldn't be a danger of knitting it either (well for me there wouldn't be!) Those teacups are gorgeous, you do need some (more)!

    ReplyDelete