Friday, December 20, 2013

Bring on the crafty holiday!

Oh my goodness. Summer is here. Work has shut up shop for two whole weeks. 
The sun is out and the beach is beckoning. 
These are all good things. But the best thing is that my summer crafty supplies have arrived.


Yes, that is a copy of some not-so-amazingly-written knit-lit. But I don't care. I'm on holiday. No fancy reading with highbrow plot-lines for me. The last thing my brain wants to be doing is thinking!

Knitting Yarns, however, should be a bit more intellectually stimulating. I'll save that for after the knit-lit. 


And look. Squishy Maxima yarn from Manos Del Uruguay has arrived for my Beaubourg Sweater. When I opened the packaging I was a bit concerned that it had all unraveled. It just looked like a giant tangle of knots until I released that the hanks weren't twisted and just squished into the parcel together. After recovering from that slight panic attack, I spent about 10 minutes staring at it all.
I can't wait to get started. But I must finish my Christmas knitting first. Might help if I actually start it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jo,
    That yarn does look so soft!! Love
    the colour too.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete