Smile


On Friday night we had a bunch of friends around for our first night of entertaining in our new home. I can confirm that the oven cooks homemade pizza dough very well. Not that I'd be considering moving if that wasn't the case, but it definitely adds to the overall awesomeness that is our new home. It was so warm and such a clear evening that we decided to climb up the big hill (it's called a mountain, but only just - even though it is Auckland's highest) that is our new front garden. Husband had a torch, I had a camera. I love this photo (thanks to the photography classes I took this year I kind of know how to make a long exposure now). Every time I see it, I just want to smile. It makes me think of the importance in the little things - friends, family, pizza (duh), keeping things simple and making the most of each day. I feel like I've been able to do that a lot more since moving. There's more time in the day and everything is less rushed. 


The other thing making me smile today is this AMAZING lampshade!
You may remember earlier this year I picked up a very sad looking lamp from a second-hand shop.


I had this grand plan to knit it a nice shade cover - and I did start - but it ended up looking really ugly. Like the most hideous thing I've ever knitted. 
It was frogged pretty quickly. 
Instead, I asked the lovely lady at Let's Go Retro if she had any shades left with the stained-glass window pattern I'd seen on her website.
Luckily for me, she had enough fabric left to get one custom-made!
I'm so happy with how it's turned out. It's taken pride of place on the shelf in our living room.

 A bit of knitting has also happened this weekend. I've revisited my rainbow socks and I'm chipping away at the next hat for a colleague. More on that later. I'm going to enjoy the rest of the sunshine before the weekend is all over!

Comments

Popular Posts