Less than a week to go until I fly down to Napier to go to KAN, aka Knit August Nights!
I've never been to a knitting convention before (do you call it a convention? Seems a bit formal sounding...) so I'm not really sure what to expect. I've got my list of classes and the other events that are on, so it looks like it's going to be a full on weekend.
I am a bit nervous, seeing I haven't been to a knitting weekend before. I guess sometimes I don't feel like a real "knitter". I don't have a stash of stylie stitch markers or super cool project bags, so I hope I'll
fit in okay!
Things I'm looking forward to at KAN:
- Napier - the Art Deco capital of the world. 'Nuff said.
- Classes. You know, I've never actually been to a knitting class before, so that will be a new experience.
- The Skeinz Mill tour. I love Skeinz yarns, so it will be great to see where the magic happens.
- The farmers' market tour.
- The yarn market. I'm leaving space in my suitcase.
- Seeing lots of lovely knitting friends - many I haven't had the chance to meet in person!
Now I just have to figure out what I need to take and what projects I'm going to pack. Does Air New Zealand allow knitting needles in the hand luggage?
I don't think there's much chance of me finishing my Array cowl by Friday. Maybe if I knit in all meetings and every spare second I have over the next five days. Eek!