Countdown to KAN!

Less than a week to go until I fly down to Napier to go to KAN, aka Knit August Nights!

I've never been to a knitting convention before (do you call it a convention? Seems a bit formal sounding...) so I'm not really sure what to expect. I've got my list of classes and the other events that are on, so it looks like it's going to be a full on weekend. 

I am a bit nervous, seeing I haven't been to a knitting weekend before. I guess sometimes I don't feel like a real "knitter". I don't have a stash of stylie stitch markers or super cool project bags, so I hope I'll 
fit in okay! 

Things I'm looking forward to at KAN:


  • Napier - the Art Deco capital of the world. 'Nuff said.
  • Classes. You know, I've never actually been to a knitting class before, so that will be a new experience.
  • The Skeinz Mill tour. I love Skeinz yarns, so it will be great to see where the magic happens.
  • The farmers' market tour.
  • The yarn market. I'm leaving space in my suitcase.
  • Seeing lots of lovely knitting friends - many I haven't had the chance to meet in person!
Now I just have to figure out what I need to take and what projects I'm going to pack. Does Air New Zealand allow knitting needles in the hand luggage? 
I don't think there's much chance of me finishing my Array cowl by Friday. Maybe if I knit in all meetings and every spare second I have over the next five days. Eek!

Comments

  1. If you can get a chance to do a guided tour of Napier's acrhitecture it is well worth it. The volunteers know their stuff and you get a peep inside some of the buildings too.

    Have a FABulous time and buy lots of yarn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a great idea if I get some spare time!

      Delete
  2. Not to worry, this is my second knitting 'convention' (except I tend to call it a 'retreat'); I don't have the cool stitch markers or the gorgeous project bags either - and everyone was friendly to me anyway!
    Yes, AirNZ allows needles in hand luggage, and bring something mindless to knit - the chat and fun are wonderfully distracting, and you don't want to have TOO much tinking to do afterwards.

    It's going to be a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm sure it's going to be great - and I have a plain sock on stand-by!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts