An array of knitting

I've been meaning to get started on a Shibui Array Cowl for ages. I fell in love with the pattern a while ago and since I've noticed that I've made a distinct lack of scarves recently. 


I'm using the Skeinz Vintage DK in Pewter that I bought a month or so back, as well as the Skeinz Prism DK in Toy Red that's been in the stash for a very long time.


I'm really liking the pattern and the way the stitches look like a series of beads, but I really underestimated how long this would take. I've done about two inches over the last week or so - it feels like slow progress. Each round you knit or purl on every second stitch and slip the rest. 

I've never knitted a pattern with slipped stitches, so I wasn't sure what to expect.
It's every easy to do, and I love the effect, but it does mean that to do one complete round in both colours, you have to do four rows. That takes a while across 320 stitches! 

I'm sure it will be worth it though, I'll just have to squeeze in some extra bus knitting.
hopefully I can get her all finished by KAN!


Comments

Popular Posts