Monday, August 26, 2013

A newbie's report from KAN #1

I'm already back to reality after my first knitting retreat, but it's filled me with excitement, inspiration and enhanced the yarn stash!


Top L-R: Three skeins of Skeinz Moody Hues in Geranium
A project bag from Zippy Wippies 
 Two sets of stitch markers from Jodulbug Creations.

Bottom L-R: Red Riding Hood Yarns' Beau Wool/Merino DK in Slumdog Astrophysicist
Fibre2Go's 4ply merino/nylon sock yarn in Kingfisher
Knitsch Yarns' merino sock yarn in 1/4 Acre Dream (I went back for another!)
Jodulbug Creations' 8ply wool in Poseidon
Red Riding Hood Yarns' Riche 10ply wool in Paris
Two skeins of Happy-Go-Knitty's BFL sock yarn in Rainbow - one for me and another for a friend who couldn't make it to KAN this year

I also grabbed another project bag, although a maker wasn't labelled. 

Both Jodulbug and Red Riding Hood Yarns are new discoveries for me, and I'm having a lot of fun trying to decide what projects to create with their beautiful hand-dyed yarns.
It was also great to meet the faces behind so many of the Ravelry and Twitter names - I really think I've made new friends and I've been re-inspired with my crafting.
The talent of some of the people at KAN was just immense - the dyers, designers and knitters are all such a clever bunch and it was a pleasure to sit down, have coffee and pick the brains of the best. 
I also hope to feature a few people here on the blog soon!

I'll be around again later this week sharing some more of my KAN adventures - from the classes I attended to the tour of the Design Spun mill.

No comments:

Post a Comment