The Great Gatsby Clutch


This weekend I finally made it to the Auckland Art and Craft Fair!
It wasn't planned - I was with friends for most of the day and the afternoon was set aside for bowling, mini-golf and the movies (Husband decided it was Super Date Saturday. I wasn't complaining!)

Little did I know that Super Date Saturday was going to begin with the last 45 minutes of the Auckland Art and Craft Fair.
There I was, running around like a crazy person to try and see everything and decide what to purchase in such a short space of time. 
I ran into Ellie, the editor of Extra Curricular and said hello, as well as Erica from Supercrafti.
I also glimpsed Jamie Young from Porcelain Rove, who I interviewed a couple of years ago but she was busy chatting to a customer.
I picked up a card from Erica and a knitting pattern from While Molly Naps.

And then I saw it.

The most beautiful clutch in the world.

Everyone who knows me well knows that I love the classics. Specifically anything by Jane Austen or F. Scott Fitzgerald. I think it's the social commentary of those eras that really speak to me in their writing. Anyway, I digress. The Great Gatsby clutch, by the amazing Estelle of Brighton, is practically a Penguin Classic in bag form. I have a cup to match. And the book too. I also have a jumper. 

I could easily be accused of jumping on the Great Gatsby bandwagon given the recent movie release, but as a re-reader of the book each year, I figured I was enough of a fan to justify getting one.
It was a little out of my price range. So I walked away. And came back again and stared longingly.
Even with all of my love for handbags and classics, I couldn't stretch that far. 
Luckily for me, husband decided it would be a worthy investment. I'm the luckiest girl in the world.


Comments

Popular Posts