Lazy, rainy weekend



I have had the laziest weekend. Yesterday I didn't get out of bed until 12pm. Today it was 11am. I guess the two weeks of being rundown have caught up with me but I feel a lot better after my power sleeps. The rest of the weekend was spent unpacking the last few boxes, watching Game of Thrones and knitting. 

Earlier this week, six new skeins of Skeinz Vintage DK in Pewter arrived from Great Southern Yarns.
I plan on making Shibui's Array cowl with it and the stack of Skeinz Prism DK I've got in Toy Red.
It's a project I've planned on doing for a while, and I've noticed the distinct lack of scarves knitted this year.

It would help if I finished some of my other projects.
I'm on the last piece of the Fair Isle Band Sweater - just the front to go - and my Soft Like Kittens socks are taking an age. It's been over a month and I still haven't finished the first one. 

For the rest of the weekend, the nerd in me has been indulging in reading McSweeney's Quarterly Concern and watching Sherlock. And baking blueberry muffins.


I've also done some photography homework. I've enrolled in a photography class with a friend at one of our local high schools where they offer community classes. It was our second week of learning how to use our cameras' manual functions properly, focussing on shutter speeds. 
I need a lot of practice. It being such a dark weekend certainly didn't help when using very fast shutter speeds though - the middle of winter is not the best time for it. 
Maybe next week I'll have a better chance with the weather. 

Comments

Popular Posts