On not knitting and filling time with other stuff like art!

No productive knitting accomplished this week. There has been lots of work, lots of house appointment/open home stuff, physio appointments and reminders to not stay in front of a computer all the time so my shoulder doesn't get all annoying. 

Because of the shoulder thing, I haven't done any long spells of knitting. It's a bit frustrating but I'd rather get my shoulder better first. I've basically got one over-active muscle which is getting very tense and sore, and the muscles in my lower back aren't working properly to balance everything out. I'm being really conscious of using the correct muscles and doing my exercises to fix everything, and this means not knitting sitting still for too long. I can be spotted waving my arms around and stretching like a crazy person. It's going to take a little while for me to break the bad habits that my shoulder is used to, but it will get better and it's not too serious, phew!


The highlight of the weekend though was going to Chromacon today. It is New Zealand's first illustration and comic art convention, and some of Husband's friends had stalls there. I wasn't really sure what to expect because I can find some of the arty scenes a little big judgmental towards people who aren't arty (ie me!) but I had a great time and spent way too much money on prints to frame for our house. Above are two that aren't all rolled up.

The first is called Waiting by Sophie Oiseau. Print number one of 30! I want to live in this little red cabin. It's just adorable. My second choice of residence is this Tree House by Nicola Brady. Except there's a sign above the door that says No Girls. But there is a cup of tea and a cat in the window - two things I love. 

Both of these artist have amazing work - check out more of their work here:





Comments

  1. Those prints are lovely. =) I hope your shoulder feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's starting to feel better already - doing all my physio exercises!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts