A successful charity shop


On Friday I went along to Dress For Success' charity sale. It's a great cause, providing women with clothing for job interviews and giving them the confidence to return to the workforce.
Every so often, they sell their excess donated clothing as a fundraiser and you can fill up a shopping bag with as many items as you can carry for $20. 
We went in our lunch break and there was a queue half way down the street to get in.

I got  a few bargains. A nice floral top, a couple of scarves, two white embroidered tops, a grey Witchery top, a wooly navy jumper that's way too big for me and a Country Road skirt. 



The grey Witchery top is great quality but I'm not a fan of the high neckline. I've just bought this DIY collar pattern from I Make It You Make It on Etsy, and I'll use the mustard floral fabric in my stash to make it. 



This floral top is my favourite from the haul. But there are some serious marks under the arms that I didn't notice when I was competing with 100 other women for my share of clothes.




The fabric was almost glued together - I've managed to clean most of it up but there is still a lot of staining. I've decided I'm going to remove the cap sleeves, which will remove most of the damaged fabric.

Not quite sure what I'll do with the jumper yet - it's way too big for me so maybe I'll try shrink it. Or just wear it at home when no one will see me!


Comments

Popular Posts