Monday, January 28, 2013

A quick knit holiday hat and a 200th birthday


I am getting good at these knitting deadlines  - they are really working for me.
Maybe it's because of my journalism background. I finished this Rikke Hat for my pal, Daisy, as a leaving gift. She's off to China for six months and it be cold!

This is the second Rikke Hat I've finished this month, and I really struggled to part with both of these hats. I am a bit of a hat person, I wear them all the time in winter, and both of the ones I've made have been in great neutral colours to go with everything.
This one was made in Naturally Aspire DK  in shade 1013 - greys and blues.

And I must wish Pride and Prejudice a very happy 200th birthday.
She is definitely one of my all time favourite books, and I re-read her every year and always find something new. She helped me appreciate the classics, and great BBC television, and I am very hopeful to continue the acquaintance.

For those of you in Auckland - enjoy Anniversary Weekend. I plan on knitting, and maybe reading some Jane Austen.

No comments:

Post a Comment