Procrastination and a tiny baby hat

I have a list of knitting I need to complete. After Funchal Moebius, I was supposed to start a Through the Woods Hood for a friend, who purchased the yarn for it nearly a year ago. It's been the running joke that he will now receive this hood in winter 2016. I wanted to prove him and everyone else wrong. The hank of Cascade Eco + is now wound and ready to be cast on. And cast on I did. But I cast on this instead.


It's a Cloud Snood that I purchased in a kit at Wild and Woolly Yarns last weekend, using Rowan Kidsilk Haze and Rowan Amy Butler Belle Organic DK.
It's my first time knitting with mohair, and I must admit I'm not really a huge fan - it's like knitting with cobwebs. It's all sticky, but on the needles it's really slippery. I don't know if I'd make anything else with it in the future, but I'll finish this project and maybe give it to a friend. I'm not a huge fan of pink but I quite liked these colours, so I'll see how it turns out. If I don't get too frustrated with the mohair, that is.

I will get back to the hood. I just feel a bit over them - I have knitted two before, and I feel like I still need a bit more time to move on from the last ones.

But I also finished this!


Look how little it is! I used Bright Colours Baby Hat by Roxanne Wood, and it fits the little man perfectly! Very pleased with the result for my first baby garment, and so quick to knit!


Comments

Popular Posts