Crafternoon Tea + Craftsy class + sewing = good weekend


I hadn't been to the Crafternoon Tea Market in Kingsland for an extremely long time - I was starting to feel guilty about it. I went along yesterday and did exactly what I wasn't supposed to do - purchase more yarn from Helene at Happy Go Knitty. I also got this very cute and inspirational card from Les Petits Mots, which will be pinned up at my new desk at work.


The yarn is a really amazing lace-weight 50/50 merino silk blend. And I have great plans for it.
Earlier this week I was lucky enough to be offered a Craftsy class at a very significant discount. I've always wanted to enroll in one, but found the price to be a bit much sometimes, so I jumped at the opportunity to sign up to Laura Nelkin's Mastering Lace Shawls class.
I find lace knitting very intimidating - some of you may remember when I started my Frilly Frill scarf and had to undo it many times over and it's still not finished. But I have hope with this course. And how can you go wrong when one of the patterns is called Skywalker?



In other news, a good friend of mine has just had a baby boy, delivered in the middle of a thunder storm before the midwife arrived. We didn't know whether the baby was going to be a boy or girl, so I opted for bright orange to make a little hat. It's actually a bit big, but I'm hoping it will mean it will be used for a long time!


And my weekend wouldn't be complete without a bit of sewing - Mum and I have successfully taken in an amazing polka dotted navy blue dress - photos when I wear it in decent light! For the rest of the evening I'm baking - second attempt at some oat bread, hopefully this time the dough will rise...

Comments

Popular Posts