Avoiding my knitting

You may have noticed the lack of updates about my current knitting projects. That's mainly because I'm avoiding them, and I have nothing new to tell. My Funchal Moebius is three pattern repeats away from completion, but every time I sit down to work on it, nothing seems to happen. It just doesn't grow. 



Very impressively though, I haven't had to join in any new balls of yarn. I estimated that I'd need four for this project, but I've still got a decent chunk left on the first two. So now I'm likely to have a hand-dyed ball of blue merino left, and I'll have to find something to do with it.

Then there's my Sunshine Socks. The first one is finished, and now I'm knitting the toe of the second one. But even with my valuable bus knitting time, this one is taking ages! I knitted the first one in a week. Sock number two has taken three weeks. How does this happen?


In other news - it's Mother's Day! Happy Mother's Day, Mum!
Hope you like the cake stand - your cakes are too amazing to not be on display!

And while I've been avoiding my knitting, I've been doing lots of reading - mainly here:


Lots of amazing craft and vintage ideas here - particularly loving the air plant chandelier tutorial on The Zen of Making. I'm not great at keeping plants alive, but these I think I could manage!



Comments

Popular Posts